You’ve worked hard in your business, spent long hours building it up and now you’re ready to move on. If you don’t have time or passion for it anymore, or you need a lifestyle change, when you are ready to exit we are here to help.
Just like running your business takes years of experience to learn, conducting a successful, profitable and stress-free sale requires an experienced Business Broker. Here are some things you need to consider when deciding if you should hire a Business Broker to sell your business:
- Focus – So you as the owner, continue to do what you do best, running the business. You already have enough to do. Because your Business Broker will handle the entire sale process, you maintain focus on the business.
- Current Market Information – We’ve seen hundreds of business sales. Just like you know your market, we know ours. We know what’s selling and what buyers are looking for so you can have an efficient and productive campaign.
- Discretion – You don’t want staff, suppliers or customers to find out you want to leave your business. You don’t want tyre-kickers and competitors to know your sensitive data. We qualify all potential buyers for you.
- Enthusiasm Needed – We will review your business to understand it’s true value then prepare the Information Memorandum to emphasise the potential. When you’re bored or have lost the passion, we can help tell your story.
- Confidentiality – You don’t want your financials being available to anyone. Because we request confidential undertakings your commercially sensitive information is always protected.
- Be Where the Buyers Are – You need to market your business to people who are ready to invest. Many of the businesses we sell are to buyers already on our database which means that we can reach out to the buyers ready to buy now.
- Marketing – There are 100s of ways to market your business. We’ll prepare a strategy which works for your business so it will appeal to the widest field of potential buyers.
- Objectivity – Selling a business is a very personal and emotional time for you. We’ll be here to offer objectivity keeping the deal on track. Sellers who act too keen create suspicion. When you need separation, we can help act as a buffer.
- Following Up – Buying a business is usually a big decision for the buyer. Your Business Broker will be the one the buyer calls to ask dozens of questions and discuss what they are looking for. We follow up the interested parties which means we find out for you who’s serious and ready to move forward.
- Negotiation – We know how to sell businesses. We work to get you the best price. We will present each offer so you have time to assess which is the best deal for you.
- The Process – Unless you’ve sold a business before, each step of the sale can be daunting. Not only can we guide you through the process, but in our team is an Accountant and a Real Estate Specialist. The perfect people on hand to ask about figures or when property transactions are involved.
- Liasing with your Other Advisors – There will always be unforeseen roadblocks. We maintain the steady progress so everyone involved is moving forward.
- No Sale = No Commission – We want your sale as much as you do. Because we work on a success fee scenario, if we can’t find you the right buyer, you pay no commission.
Whatever the reason you have for leaving your business, we are here to help guide you through your exit. It’s what we do. We’ve had the experience of selling hundreds of businesses – but we are able to treat you and your business as the individual sale it is.
The Business Broker you meet will be the one who handles your sale. It will be your broker who follows up with your potential buyers. We will be with you every step of the way. So whatever your reasons for selling your business, if you are serious and ready to make an exit then contact Core Business Brokers today.