PRIVACY ACT 1988 (CTH)
COLLECTION AND DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
Pear Business Brokers wishes to provide the best possible service to our valued clients. To achieve this aim, we need to make the most efficient use of personal information collected from our clients or others.
However, it is equally important to us that you are confident that any of your personal information entrusted to us is treated with the appropriate degree of privacy and confidentiality. By reason of this fiduciary relationship, the information you provide to us is, and has always been, confidential.
Pear Business Brokers is an organisation within the meaning of the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) and we advise the following as required by National Privacy Principle 1.3:-
- The identity of our organisation and how to contact us: Pear Business Brokers Pty Limited is a sole trader ABN 28 084 390 125 and carries on business at Level 13, 465 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2067 Tel: (02) 9413 2977; Fax: (02) 9413 3818.
- The fact that you are able to gain access to the information: You are able to gain access to information you provide to us unless it is exempt from a disclosure requirement to you. In most cases, because the nature of the information being collected by us is routine it will be available to you.
- The purposes for which the information is collected: The information is being obtained for the purpose of allowing us to act on your behalf in relation to the sale of your business and you agree that we, together with third parties such as a potential purchaser, your financial institution, yours, or a potential purchaser’s accountants and solicitors, may exchange with each other any information about you including:
- Any information provided by you to us in this document
- Any other information you provide to any of them or which they otherwise lawfully obtain about you; and
- Any information relating to the sale of you business including any of the information provided on the Agent’s Listing Form.
- The organisations (or the types of organisations) to which our organisation usually discloses information of that kind: The organisations to whom we will or may disclose the information are those you authorise us (either expressly or by implication).
- For example, If we engage anyone (a “Service Provider”) to do something on your behalf (for example a valuer, insurance broker, accountant, solicitor for financial or business adviser) then you agree that we and the Service Provider may exchange with each other any necessary information referred to above.
- You also agree that we may give any information referred to above to entities other than the parties and the Service Providers where it is required or allowed by law or where you have otherwise consented.
- You agree that any information referred to above can be used by the parties and any Service Provider for assessing your business and, when a sale is achieved, to issue the necessary information to third parties to enable the sale to be finalised.
- The main consequences (if any) for you if all or part of the information is not provided: It may hinder or delay the provision of our services to you.