You’ve worked hard in your business, spent long hours building it up and now you’re ready to move on. If you don’t have time or passion for it anymore, or you need a lifestyle change, when you are ready to exit we are here to help.
Just like running your business takes years of experience to learn, conducting a successful, profitable and stress-free sale requires an experienced Business Broker. Here are some things you need to consider when deciding if you should hire a Business Broker to sell your business:
- Focus – So you as the owner, continue to do what you do best, running the business. You already have enough to do. Because your Business Broker will handle the entire sale process, you maintain focus on the business.
- Current Market Information – We’ve seen hundreds of business sales. Just like you know your market, we know ours. We know what’s selling and what buyers are looking for so you can have an efficient and productive campaign.
- Discretion – You don’t want staff, suppliers or customers to find out you want to leave your business. You don’t want tyre-kickers and competitors to know your sensitive data. We qualify all potential buyers for you.
- Enthusiasm Needed – We will review your business to understand it’s true value then prepare the Information Memorandum to emphasise the potential. When you’re bored or have lost the passion, we can help tell your story.
- Confidentiality – You don’t want your financials being available to anyone. Because we request confidential undertakings your commercially sensitive information is always protected.
- Be Where the Buyers Are – You need to market your business to people who are ready to invest. Many of the businesses we sell are to buyers already on our database which means that we can reach out to the buyers ready to buy now.
- Marketing – There are 100s of ways to market your business. We’ll prepare a strategy which works for your business so it will appeal to the widest field of potential buyers.
- Objectivity – Selling a business is a very personal and emotional time for you. We’ll be here to offer objectivity keeping the deal on track. Sellers who act too keen create suspicion. When you need separation, we can help act as a buffer.
- Following Up – Buying a business is usually a big decision for the buyer. Your Business Broker will be the one the buyer calls to ask dozens of questions and discuss what they are looking for. We follow up the interested parties which means we find out for you who’s serious and ready to move forward.
- Negotiation – We know how to sell businesses. We work to get you the best price. We will present each offer so you have time to assess which is the best deal for you.
- The Process – Unless you’ve sold a business before, each step of the sale can be daunting. Not only can we guide you through the process, but in our team is an Accountant and a Real Estate Specialist. The perfect people on hand to ask about figures or when property transactions are involved.
- Liasing with your Other Advisors – There will always be unforeseen roadblocks. We maintain the steady progress so everyone involved is moving forward.
- No Sale = No Commission – We want your sale as much as you do. Because we work on a success fee scenario, if we can’t find you the right buyer, you pay no commission.
Whatever the reason you have for leaving your business, we are here to help guide you through your exit. It’s what we do. We’ve had the experience of selling hundreds of businesses – but we are able to treat you and your business as the individual sale it is.
The Business Broker you meet will be the one who handles your sale. It will be your broker who follows up with your potential buyers. We will be with you every step of the way. So whatever your reasons for selling your business, if you are serious and ready to make an exit then contact Core Business Brokers today.
All members of our buyers database are the first to hear about any new business for sale.
Once a new business is listed for sale Core Business Brokers immediately emails to our exclusive business buyers database alerting each member of the new opportunity.
Stay in front of the market join our expanding list of business buyers
Simply click on CORE NEWS below on our home page or email [email protected] with your name, email address and mobile number. Please indicate whether you are interested in Food or Non Food businesses or Both. Thank you.
Making an offer for a business can be a daunting process. Please read the below on how to make an offer and what you need to keep in mind before making the offer.
Before Making an Offer
The buyer should make sure that their finance is in place before an offer is made.
When buying a business, a buyer needs to be aware of the other costs involved such as Accountancy, legal fees and in most cases a Bank guarantee will be required by the Landlord.
Landlords – Things to keep in mind
In 2015 Landlords are being ever so protective of their properties and when a tenant comes to them to say that they wish to sell their business, most are taken back as they have been happy with that tenant for perhaps many years as they have always paid their rent on time and have run a good business with no problems. Now they have to offer a lease to a new buyer who they do not know.
Landlords will want to know:
- Is the buyer capable of buying this or any business?
- Is the buyer able to provide business and personal references to the landlord and a statement of their assets and liabilities to show their ability to be able to pay the rent?
- Does the buyer have the experience needed to run the business?
- An astute buyer would provide a business plan to the landlord to show them how they intend to run the business and improve it.
How to Make an Offer
Any offer should be made to the agent in writing, email is sufficient or fax. Verbal offers are accepted however for the business to be taken off the market a written offer is required.
When making an offer please ensure that you clearly describe what conditions you want. Please note Finance is not an agreed condition. For example, you may need a new lease or an assignment of the current lease, you may require training, you may need a delayed settlement.
A buyer upon acceptance of their offer should be ready to put down a deposit of up 10% of the agreed purchase price for the business to be withdrawn from sale. This deposit is held in TRUST and a Trust account receipt will be provided on cleared funds. This amount is fully refundable up until contracts are exchanged.
For more information on buying a business please click here.
Core Business Brokers has been approached by an Australia wide company looking at growing by means of acquisitions. They supply consumables & offer equipment rental to the construction & related industries, have a footprint in NSW/ACT/QLD/VIC & consolidated revenues of $ 120mil & 180 staff. They have asked us to discretely seek and locate suitable opportunities.
If your looking at selling your company that is in the following Industries then please contact Peter Golding for an informal chat on 02 9413 2977 or my mobile 04 14 24 28 30 or email at [email protected]
- Safety products
- Safety or road signage
- First aid supplies
- Drainage products
- Work wear
- Construction supplies
- Cleaning consumables to construction
The preferred target business would have the following criteria.
- Revenues of $ 3 -20 mil pa.
- B2B (not B2C)
- Direct to end-user ( preference is minimise sales through resellers/distributors)
- Supplying construction/utilities/infrastructure/industrial markets (not selling to white collar people)
- Preference to supply a fragmented customer base
- Boxed goods
JUNE 21 2016
Attention all NSW Business Buyers
The office of state revenue announced that duty on the transfer of business assets over ‘business assets’ (other than land) will be abolished from 1 July 2016.
Thinking about listing your Business for Sale? Here is a list of our recently sold businesses. Core Business Brokers Sydney are looking for more quality businesses to sell. If you would like to sell your business please contact Core Business Brokers today.
- Boarding House-East.
- Import Distribution Commercial Furniture- West.
- Education Examination Management-Sydney.
- Café / Restaurant-Newtown.
- Café -Mosman.
- Bridal Shop-East.
- Café Franchise-Chatswood.
- Bar / Restaurant -Newtown.
We have been approached by a client who is seriously looking for a Sydney based business in the Aged Care Industry.
Our client is keen on a company that specialises in the manufacture / distribution of consumables used in Aged care facilities.
Products such as Antibacterial Gels, Dispensers, Cloths, Swab sticks, Dry Wipes, IV Therapy, Surface cleaning wipes, Chemicals etc.
If your business is in a similar field then please contact Roy or Peter for a totally confidential and private discussion on 02 9413 2977.